Dr. Uwe Ligges
by appointment ordrop in and I see if I am available
+49 231 755 4353
Publications, Talks, and Theses
- List of publications
- List of conferences, courses, and talks
- List of supervised theses
- Community services: reviewing, editorial work
- Claus Weihs, Olaf Mersmann, Uwe Ligges (2014): Foundations of Statistical Algorithms, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton.
- Uwe Ligges (2009): Programmieren mit R, 3., überarb. u. erweiterte Auflage, Springer Verlag, Heidelberg.
- Uwe Ligges (2006): Programmieren mit R (Japanese), translated by Ishida, M., Springer Japan Verlag, Tokyo.
- DFG Forschergruppe 1511/1: Schutz- und Leitsysteme zur zuverlässigen und sicheren elektrischen Energieübertragung,
TP 5: "Adaptive Modellierung und echtzeitfähige Identifikation von transkontinentalen Energiesystemen".
- In addition to my regular research work and teaching, I have been involved in the following larger projects up to February 2007:
- head of the DOMUS research group "Statistische Software und Algorithmen"
- member of the DFG Collaborative Research Centre 475 (SFB 475): "Reduction of Complexity for Multivariate Data Structures"
Software, R and R packages
- I am involved in the development of R (as a member of the R Core team and member of the CRAN team)
and the following CRAN packages:
- BRugs interfaces to OpenBUGS.
It is mainly based on former work of Andrew Thomas.
- klaR is a package for classification and visualization.
Its miscellaneous functions have been developed at the Department of Statistics.
- R2WinBUGSinterfaces to
WinBUGS. It is based on the bugs.R code from Andrew Gelman.
WinEdt as an editor for R.
- scatterplot3d: 3D Scatter Plot
- signal: Signal analysis.
- tuneR for the analysis of musical sound.
It handles Wave files, periodograms, etc.
- For details regarding the R project, please visit the official R homepage.
For details on Windows binary packages on CRAN, please visit CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/.
- In case of problems regarding hardware or software, please contact the administration of computer labs and WWW:
firstname.lastname@example.org, office: M/714, phone: (0231) 755 - 4351.